Opening current account online
You can now easily open an account online at Al Rajhi Bank via the website. Current accounts allow you to effectively manage your money in a secure and easy way.
Our online banking channels allow you to manage your account around the clock from anywhere in the world. We provide you with many services through your current account including money transfer, issuing an ATM card (mada) and many other advantages.
Now you can open a new current account with us any time in few minutes with our Online Account opening service
mada Debit Card
Advantages of opening a current account online
Current account holders enjoy many benefits and advantages including:
- Opening your account easily at any time with the option of choosing the branch you wish to deal with
- Standing Orders Service.
- Monthly Statement in Arabic or English
- Performing Banking transactions easily through our online banking.
- Issuing an ATM card using our self-service machines.
- Local transfers and deposits.
- Paying for government bills and Sadad.
- Access to Al Mubasher Online Banking Service.
- International transfers of all kind (depends on the account permissions )
- Cash withdrawal and deposit through ATMs
- National Identity / Iqama.
- At least 18 years old for adults, for Minors accounts at least 15 years old.
- The mobile number used for registration must be issued by a Saudi telephone service provider
- The national address must be correct
- The applicant must be registered with Absher service to complete the process of documenting the bank account
- The applicant should not be a current customer at the bank or Al Rajhi transfer. If the customer wishes to perform any banking transactions within the branch later or to request any banking products, credit card or cheque book, the customer must visit the branch to update the account's permissions (depends on the account permissions) and provide the authorized signature.
The process of opening a bank account online
- Filling the bank account application form via the website.
- Verifying your mobile number.
- Documenting your information with Absher.
- Once you complete the account opening process, you will receive an SMS message with your account information.
- You can benefit from the services provided through our online banking around the clock.
- The possibility of issuing an ATM card at any time using the self-service machines located in the branches.
Your New Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card… With Additional Safety Features For Better Protection
Within the framework of our commitment to provide the best services to our customers, we are pleased to announce that we added a Smart Chip to our Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card. The Smart Chip is the latest in protection technology used in all new Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card, which allows you to use Cards more securely and receive the maximum protection against unauthorized use.
What Is A Smart Chip And PIN?
Your Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card is embedded with a microchip (Smart Chip). Cards with Smart Chip technology are harder to copy since they are safeguarded against counterfeiting. In addition the card will be used with your Personal Identification Number issued by the Bank and the PIN is a 4-digit.
Smart Chip Features
- A new Card with modern technology that is compatible with global standards
- Provides you with more security and protection while completing your transactions and reduces the likelihood of fraud and misuse
- Cannot be tampered with or falsified
- This new Card contains a number of services that can be further developed in the future due to its flexibility in terms of programming and the adaptation of programs to serve the needs of the client
- Applications and information can be updated without a need to change the Card
Can I Use My Smart Chip Card To Pay For Goods And Services In KSA And Overseas?
Yes, you can use it to pay for everyday purchases wherever you go. Your Smart Chip Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card is accepted on all Point Of Sale devices in all retail outlets in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and over 25 million retail outlets worldwide, giving you easy access to your Bank account at all times.
How Do I Use The Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card Embedded With A Smart Chip?
It is very easy to use:
- Every time you use a Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card that contains a Smart Chip for purchases at any Point of Sale or for cash withdrawals through ATMs, you will be asked to enter a PIN to complete the process. Use the PIN to confirm the operation so as to ensure more protection for your Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card If a POS device does not support purchasing transactions for Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Cards that carry the Smart Chip, you need only to use the Card as you normally do (swipe on the POS terminal) and sign at the end of the process
- When you use your Smart Card at an ATM, it will ask you to enter a PIN just like it did when you were using your old magnetic Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card
Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card Features
With your Al Rajhi Bank mada Debit Card you can make purchases in over 27 million outlets locally and internationally at any Point-of-Sale that carries the VISA Electron logo. You can also withdraw cash at any ATM with the Visa or PLUS logo around the world.
- Locally and internationally accepted for all your purchases
- A convenient way to withdraw cash
- Safe to carry and use
- Instant issuance through any Al Rajhi Bank branches
Get more Benefits with Salary Transfer
Click to see benefits
Click to hide the list of benefits
Click to see benefits
Click to hide the list of benefits
Get more when you transfer your salary to your Al Rajhi Bank account
|Maximum Finance Amount||Salary Transfer Account||Non Salary Transfer Account|
|Less Finance Requirements|
|Personal Finance||For all individual||Only for doctors & bankers|
|Car Leas||0% Down payment||5% Down payment|
|Home + Personal Finance|
Ready to apply for your Current Account Card?
Am I Eligible
Here are the things that we’ll need from you…
Eligibility & Criteria
- Minimum Age 21 Years
- Maximum Age 60 Years (or as per military retirement age)
- Length of service: 6 months for government employees and 12 months for private companies
- Application Form
- Salary Certificate sealed by employer
- Verified copy of national ID
- Salary Assignment letter in favour of ARB/customer current account or the approved SAREA form
- Copy of Title Deed (both sides)
- Copy of Building permits (both sides)
- Property location sketch diagram
- If there is a difference in the LAND dimensions between the title deed and the ground, a letter from municipality needs to be obtained
Other Services that come with
a Current Account
Standing order instruction service
Standing orders are a way for you to set up regular, fixed payments from Al Rajhi for the amount and time chosen by you.
Monthly statement in English or Arabic
Your monthly statement provides full details on the previous month's transactions and your current account balance.
Self Servicing Machines
Enjoy our innovative, one-of-a-kind Smart Booth for all your banking transactions.
Al Mubasher (Internet Banking)
Al Mubasher is our completely secure internet banking service that allows you to your banking transactions anytime, anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Al-Rajhi individual current account?It is an account opened in accordance with Islamic Sharia rules. This account allows you to issue cheques, deposit cash, and fulfill all day-to-day transactions
What are the required documents to open the individual current account with Al Rajhi Bank?A filled out account opening application. Copy of a valid national ID document our staff will verify the same against the original
To whom it is offered?Saudi nationals who are at least 15 years old and holding a valid ID card. GCC citizens who are at least 18 years old, holding a valid passport, and providing a proof of address in the Kingdom. Expatriates who are at least 18 years and holding a valid residency permit (Iqama).