Our ongoing commitment to safer banking
As part of our ongoing commitment to easier and safer banking, we would like to remind you that: You should not, under any circumstances, give out your bank password or one-time password (SMS OTP) to anyone. Kindly note that Al Rajhi Bank would never request this information by contacting you via telephone, SMS or e-mails.
- Never accept instructions or directions to visit an ATM or log onto online banking (Al Mubasher)
- Never disclose your password or one-time password (OTP)
- Required updates to banking details should be done exclusively by you through an Al Rajhi Bank branch, online banking and/or telephone banking
You can find more security tips here
Protecting your Card and Pin
- When you receive your card, you should immediately sign the signature panel on the back
- To protect yourself from fraud, never disclose the passwords related to your bank account or credit card or the ones you receive on your mobile. We never ask you for your passwords.
- Never let anyone else use your card
- Keep your card in a safe place - don't allow it to be bent or scratched and keep it away from magnetic objects eg. purse clasps and work security passes
- Always destroy cards when they expire by cutting them in half through the magnetic strip
- Carefully discard receipts from card transactions and ATMs once you have checked these against your account statement. This will help prevent others acquiring information about you and your cards
- Make sure you get your card back every time you use it
- To protect yourself against fraud, inform us of any transaction made on your account without your knowledge, such as cash withdrawals, deposits or the addition of beneficiaries.
- Never disclose your PIN to any other person, including any additional cardholders, family members, bank staff or Police. Remember bank staff or Police will never ask for this information
- Do not choose a PIN that is easily associated with you eg. your birth date, phone number or parts of your card number
- Don't let anyone else see your PIN when you enter it at an ATM or POS terminal. This is called "shoulder surfing" and is the most common form of PIN disclosure
- If you become aware of or suspect your card or your PIN has been lost, stolen or disclosed, you should notify us immediately. Call us on 00966 92000 33 44 or visit any Al Rajhi Bank Branch
- Regularly check your credit card account balance. If you suspect there are fraudulent transactions on your account, call us immediately
- At work, keep your bag and other personal belongings locked in a cupboard or drawer.
- Only give your credit card details when making a purchase - do not provide them for any other reason
- Don't give your card number or PIN number over the telephone to 'cold' callers. Only make the telephone transaction when you have initiated the call and you are familiar with the company
- Never send your credit card number via e-mail. If you have access to a facsimile machine, send a fax order with your credit card number included. This method is more secure than email
- When you're overseas, always keep an eye on your card. Don't let your card out of your sight, and never leave card/s unattended in a hotel room, at the beach or in a parked car
- Keep your personal information, including mobile phone number, up-to-date so we can contact you if an unusual transaction is detected
- Fraud committed against banks and their customers is forbidden, and that fraudsters will certainly be referred to competent authorities
- To protect yourself against fraud, do not transfer or accept any amounts into your account from unidentified parties, such as parties that hire you as a medium for money transfers.
- To report fraud and other suspicious activity, Call us on 00966 92000 33 44 or visit any Al Rajhi Bank Branch
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM
- Take a friend with you - especially at night
- Have your card out and ready to use
- Shield the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount
- Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately
- If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded well-lit area and call the Police
- When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside
- When using a drive-up ATM, make sure all passenger car doors are locked and windows are up
- Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM
- While many ATM's are available 24 hours a day, some may be open only during local business hours. To be on the safe side, plan your withdrawals ahead of time
- Look out for unfamiliar fixtures on ATMs. These fixtures will not appear to be part of the normal ATM, or are attached to the slot where you insert your card. If you notice something suspicious don't use it and report it to the Bank immediately
- When using your card to purchase on-line, look for reputable Internet stores. If you are unsure, request more information from them about the company and the goods and services they are selling
- Check that the online merchant or store has a return and refunds policy
- Always use a secure browser connection when entering credit card details online. Check that a locked padlock or unbroken key symbol is shown in the bottom right of your browser window or the site has a URL that starts with "https"
- If you have to use a password to access a service, make sure this isn't easily identifiable and don't disclose it to anyone
- If you make an online purchase, print out a copy of the transaction for your records. This will make it easier to check against your credit card statement
- We will never ask you to update your information via phone. Please do not give away your personal information to unknown callers or someone presenting himself as Al Rajhi Bank employee.
- Never accept or transfer money if you don’t know its source.
- Beware of people/organizations who are asking you to receive funds on their behalf and then transfer it to a named address.
- Beware of phone applications that can steal your personal information from the phone and disrupt your SMS messages.
- Do not install or download applications on your mobile phone from unauthentic websites. Always download from the relevant play store and look for the publisher name.
- Only download applications from App store appearing under Al Rajhi Bank’s publisher account.
- Before logging in to Al Mubasher make sure that the URL shows HTTPS and a lock sign.
- Always access Al Mubasher from our official website and never through search engines, emails or blogs.
- Always keep an updated antivirus on your phone and computer to protect your information.
- Al Rajhi Bank VISA cards may be used in overseas ATM's displaying the VISA logo
- ATM withdrawals overseas are dispensed in local currency and are debited from your account in Saudi Arabian Riyals, based on the exchange rate. A fee may also apply.
- When you are planning a holiday make sure you have the emergency 24-hour telephone numbers for your cards with you, so you can report any theft or loss immediately